Followers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cherry Blossom Still in Bud




 Japanese people love cherry blossoms and go out for viewing them around this season of the year. Usually cherry blossoms start to bloom in the first week of April. So many tourists from across Japan and from overseas visit Kyoto this time of the year. However, this year, almost all the cherry blossoms are still in the bud, because of the unusually lasting coldness.
Today I went to several places in Kyoto, but I hardly found cherry blossoms blooming.
I only found these two trees along the river in Gion area, which is famous for Maiko and Geiko's working place. I can't wait!


How adorable these kids are! Kids are cute everywhere in the world.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, even from the TV I've seen it, that the cherry blossoms in Japan are something special, I look at me like your pictures, the originals with you I'll never be able to see once ... too bad, but too far away. .. have a nice week and greetings from Geli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to come see the cherry blossoms in Japan one day. These are so beautiful!
    And your right, kids the world over are universally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Annie, more cherry blossoms to come. Our pear trees have white blossoms as of yesterday! Things here are about 3-4 weeks ahead of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That way you can look at the beautiful cherry trees longer!Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cherry trees. But Kyoto is a little bit too far! So, I'm glad you will show the blooms when they're open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, Annie. One day I shall visit Japan and surely I must arrange it to be around cherry blossom time.

    ReplyDelete