Followers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Double-faced Gauze Tenugui



Tenugui is a rectangular cotton cloth used mainly as a towel or headcover. In Japan it was one of the most common household items up until a few decades ago when terry cloth towel became popular.


Although everyday use of tenugui dropped significantly, recently a new type of tenugui, doule-faced gauze tenugui has been popular among young women. It features different fancy patterns on each side and has a high water absorption ability.


Today I had one around my neck when I played tennis with my friends. (Too hot and humid to play tennis) It protected my neck from the strong sunlight and absorbed sweat very well.


I'm a fan of this new type of Japanese tenugui. Wittily practical!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid it's not good for your condition to play tennis under the strong sun even your tenugui protect you from it. I'd prefer to soak in a bathtub with a tenugui.

    ReplyDelete