Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nishiki Market


 Dear friends,

Fist, thank you for giving me your warm heart. To my surprise, my toenail is 90% all right. Luckily and surprisingly, thanks to the prompt treatment, I have no pain at all. I was able to walk long with no pain today.

Today I went to one of my favorite places, Nishiki Market in Kyoto. It is a 400-meter-long local market of more than 100 small shops. Mainly foods, such as pickles, seafood, beans, sweets, vegetables, etc.  It is called "Kitchen of Kyoto".

shop of only egg rolls

There are many shops which sell bite-sized food. So people enjoy eating while walking.
These pictures are part (not all) of what I ate. I must say, each piece is not a big amount, so I can enjoy many kinds. This makes a good attraction for many tourists both domestic and abroad.

seasoned small octopus


tempura of potato and butter


shop of only beans


I found cherry blossom has started to bloom. Beautiful flower.



5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back to walking, beagleAnnie! This shop has many items we don't see in our stores here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that your toe is better and the market looks wonderful.

    hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this market! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting place that market must be, Annie. Your photos have whetted my appetite!
    Oh to be in Japan at cherry blossom time! ***Sigh*** One day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like an interesting place to roam. I love makets of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete