Followers

Friday, May 11, 2012

School Excursion

This is Kyoto Prefectural Botanical Garden located in the northern part of Kyoto city. Although today was very cold, many children came to the garden for their school excursion, from kindergarten to junior high school.
The first and second pictures show they were waiting for the next fountain to come out.



The next elementary students were sitting in front of the bamboo garden and drawing very earnestly. It was my first time to see such various bamboo kinds in one place.


These kids' uniforms and hats look very adorable.


 They sat in a small group on the grass and opened their lunch box. Lunch is the most joyful time for all of us.

6 comments:

  1. Funny, I love their yellow hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice place! I'd enjoy seeing bamboo ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the yellow hats. Is it some kind of school uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that new shoots of bamboo grow for only 3 months and then stop. They never grow again. Each new shoot grows higher than the ones that grew last year, but the ones that grew last year never grow any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots, Annie. School excursions were always special for me and I remember them fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute kiddies! I love the yellow hats. :)

    ReplyDelete