Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time Slip Journey

ododay I felt as if I were back to 300 years ago, like a time slip journey.

Today I had a time slip journey back to 300 years ago. This old town "Jinaimachi"looks like a movie location, but people are living and preserving these historical buildings now.


Greatly preserved historical district, "Jinaimachi" in Tondabayashi is located in the south-eastern part of Osaka Prefecture, just 30-minutes-train-ride from the center of Osaka city. About 40 old town houses still remain, which were built from the 18th to the early 20th century. The Sugiyama Family's House is only open to the public, but others aren't.

It is amazing so many traditional houses are carefully preserved and used as a residence in the area of 400 meter x 350 meter. This area has been designated as an important historical district and heritage site of Japan.


I love this historic town.  It's really an OUTDOOR museum.




 Greatly preserved historical district,
part of Osak

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Walking back in time! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, when I see these pictures of the houses, I think of Japanese films, because it looked so out of ... a beautiful thing, that they will receive ...

    greetings to you from Geli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see and to know that these buildings are still in use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is wonderful! Wouldn't it be great to live in one of those! Probably expensive though... Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tour. Thank you so very much!

    And, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind message. It allowed me to find your blog here. :)

    All the best,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad these are being preserved and that people are actually living in them. I think it's important for a countries heritage to be kept. Plus even the best maintained houses seem to deteriorate when not lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These neighborhoods are so wonderful in preserving the past and bringing history to life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this time travel! I too like old towns that look like a glimpse into the past.

    ReplyDelete