Followers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday


Today's my yellow shot is this architecture. Strictly speaking, it is not yellow, but please allow me to join.
 Do you know the name of this shining architecture? It may be one of the most famous buildings in Japan.

This is Kinkakuji Temple, or the Golden Pavilion, which is the landmark of Kyoto.  Every time I see it, I am overwhelmed with its beauty. You can not enter the building, just walk around. The second and the third walls are covered with thick gold leaves attached on the black lacquer. Looking from far away, the shining reflection in the sunset looks yellow (gold) and really impressive.

Visit other cute Mellow Yellow Monday posts.
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. Terrific photo! Beautiful temple and definitely very mellow yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's one great temple...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it is truly a very beautiful temple..stunning picture..
    sending you hugs
    cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful...it looks gold! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I think of Japan I think of that building, such a wondeful structure,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my these house looks like gold the color is stunning! ^_^

    Yellow Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the others here, the first thing I noticed is that it looks like made of gold. Marvelous building and shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful :-) visiting from Mellow Yellow Monday, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/01/the-rink-guard-in-his-yellow-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog -how did you end up with a Western name like Annie? Is it like in China where everyone also has an English name next to their Chinese name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Annie is my blog name I use from my pet's name which died three months ago. Japanese people have no Western name and my true name is different.
      Please check my website if you want to know my real name.lol http://www.trulyjapanese.com/
      I love the musical "Annie", so I named my dog "Annie" twelve years ago.

      Delete
  10. That architecture is so amazing! Love it:)

    Visiting for MYM! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/01/mango-juice-and-strawberry-banana-smoothies.html

    ReplyDelete