Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Osechi!

These are today's shots.
This red three-tiered container is used only for this season to serve the Osechi dish. I bought it when I got married 28 years ago.



This is my Osechi.  In the top box, I put boiled shrimp and grilled yellow tail fish. In the second box, pink and white fish paste, sweet fried egg, cooked black beans, small fish, and kelp. And the bottom one includes various vegetables. And another container has vinegared dish of white radish, carrot and mackerel. They are all regarded as auspicious food in Japan.


Tomorrow we're going to have a New Year party. My two sisters' families will come to my house, so in total twelve people will join the party. They are looking forward to meet Rintaro.

Rintaro on his mother's back
A Happy New Year to you and your family!


6 comments:

  1. hello dear, what a lovely osechi box..i read about it in a book..it is so lovely..
    aww the little boy is so sweet..
    wishing you and your family a very happy new year..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy new year!
    I hope your plan will get on the right track this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making this show on the pictures. It seems very good, though it is very different from our European food. I think it's healthier! Compliment for you and your country.

    Picture of the boy. His eyes shine so beautiful. Have nice days

    ReplyDelete
  4. what relation is the little guy to you?

    The food looks yummy.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cute boy in the bottom shot is my grandson, Rintaro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little boy! What fun you will have with him!
    Wow, I can see that you were VERY busy, not only cooking these foods, but arranging them so beautifully in the boxes. Thanks for the photos, so I have a better understanding. I hope everyone enjoyed these treats and the effort behind them!

    ReplyDelete