Followers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today: Monday, December 26th, 2011

Outside my window..is a cloudy winter day. It is snowing a little, fist time in this winter.

I am thinking...about what I need to get at the supermarket to cook the special meal for the New Year's Day called "Osechi". In Japan, after Christmas there is a hectic atmosphere to prepare for the New Year's Day.

I am thankful...for my friends to talk, laugh and walk together. I love both being together and being alone.

In the kitchen...lie a lot of empty bottles that had existed in the fridge and I cleaned yesterday. Tomorrow is the day for collecting bottles around my house.

I am wearing...a yellow-and-brown plaid shirt and khaki warm pants with fleece inside..

I am creating...a shopping list for "Osechi". It is the biggest purchase of food in a year.

I am going...to cook curry made from vegetables and minced chicken for dinner.

I am reading...some lovely blogs I found out for the first time. It's amazing to have an encounter with nice people through the Internet.

I am hoping..that my stiff shoulder is gone.

I am looking forward to... have a family reunion on the New Year's Day in my house. I have a lot of things to do for that party.

One of my favorite things... is to have a cup of coffee at the cozy cafe reading a book or listening to some relaxing music.

A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning my house, shopping, cooking special cuisine which I make once a year for the New Year. Busy, busy, super-busy...

Here is picture for thought I am sharing.. "Osechi" in the show case in the department store. Many people buy Osecchi to save time, but I will make it myself to save money.(but ingredients are also expensive) A few days later, I will show you on this blog.

This is the traditional Japanese special cuisine for the New Year's Days called "Osechi".

To read more Daybooks, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this..i love reading it so much..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to read this! I like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your day with us. Your special New Year's Day feast sounds wonderful.
    Hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes in your hectic life this week preparing for your New Year's feast! May your family reunion be full of love and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see your version of it,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete