Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Challenge... Symmetry


This week's challenge is "Symmetry".  The carving of peacock.

This is the entrance carving of Daimaru Department Shinsaibashi in Osaka. I happened to find this facade while out for a walk. Later I realized that this department building is one of the masterpieces designed by William Merrell Vories in 1933. I'd like to explore this building to see more details in near future. Please click the picture to enlarge so as to see more clearly.

This is part of Thursday Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning is that peacock? I had never heard of Vories but was very interested to read about him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see love Annie, you are doing and like much at the challenges on many blogs ...

    beautiful pictures you can always find, as here, the peacock ...

    here it is very hot today, it is 32 degrees and a humidity of 20 ° ... very dry ...

    I stay at home ...

    best wishes to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So ornate and beautiful! What a full and productive life Mr. Vories led.

    Thank you for your visit and comment on my Thursday Challenge image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! You got a nice shot of it too :)

    ReplyDelete