Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goldfish Town Yamato-Koriyama

                                                              
Today I went to goldfish  farms in Yamato-Koriyama, Nara Prefecture.  I have long wanted to visit there  because I was a big fan of goldfish scooping when I was a child.
                                                

Yamato-Koriyama is a peaceful local town famous for its goldfish farming with the history of about 3oo years.
About ten-minute walk from the station, there are a lot of goldfish ponds. In some of the pondls countless baby goldfish are swimming.
My destination was "Goldfish Museum", which is a private museum founded by Mr. Shimada 30 years ago, who made a success in artificial farming of goldfish in Yamato-Koriyama. 

                                             

In the museum, you can see his big collection about goldfish. There are also a dozen of different water tanks of precious  goldfish which are rather big (around 20cm.)
To be honest, I felt a little scared. Too big for me. I like smaller red ones for goldfish scooping.
                

I had a happy time to walk around the loungy country town. Too hot but really satifsfied.

2 comments:

  1. Did you do any goldfish scooping today?
    I think the town has a small castle or a castle ruin which is worthwhile visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog! I always love meeting new blogging friends.

    What a fun post! I love gold fish - they were some of my first pets, I guess they were easy to take care of!

    Your sweet little Annie captured my heart! What a precious little dog - I am good thoughts your way today!

    ReplyDelete